Wednesday 1 December 2010

A little on genetic science.

This is something I know little about and though I feel I should care
little for this it's important to understand everything that goes into
the 'science' of the human condition.

When I say science I use it in the loosest possible sense of the term.
Science - real science - finds truths. It doesn't pathologise based on
social and cultural norms. It doesn't use things as crap as the cluster
of symptoms approach. It doesn't vary diagnosis with each person's
prejudice or interpretation of what mental illness is. It doesn't throw
away all the research when it gets to using diagnosis in clinical
practice. It isn't different in the UK, the US and other parts of the
world. It is objective rather than mired in subjectivity.

Anyway, a bit on genetics.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/schizophrenia-psychotic-features/content/article/10168/1580805

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"