Saturday 22 May 2010

another problem with words - dual diagnosis and complex needs

There is a problem with this terminology. Dual diagnosis was a diagnosis
I received and meant drug addictions and other mental illness. It is
also known as complex needs. Some people know both of these to mean
mental illness and a learning disability.

In my opinion Dual diagnosis means comordibity, i.e. a primary and a
secondary diagnosis, however the sense I am using it in in recent posts
is comorbidity of addictions and another mental illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"