Friday 28 May 2010

Positives from hallucinations

It may, perhaps, be a sign of creative potential.

If you are experiencing delusions or hallucinations one thing to try is
to express through any creative medium. For me it's photography though
writing has also supplemented my core medium. Paint, sing, make music,
draw, do comedy, write computer programs, design fractal algorithms...I
think I'm making my point.

It doesn't have to be art that you produce however you may be surprised.
It may or may not help the madness. In my experience I feel it does
however I'm not sure that it's true and it's true for everyone who
experiences delusions, hallucinations, unshared perceptions, unusual
information coming from reality or madness.

There may or may not be meaning in the work produced during times of
delusion. I think there may be however the capability to understand the
communication is not available to many people. It is complex and people
will rest on simple answers they read in books and papers. It is only in
very recent times that mental healthcare has attempted to listen to the
content of delusions and hallucinations. Attempting to interpret it is
rarely practiced. The relevance you take from it is probably more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"