Tuesday 25 May 2010

One experience of paranoia or psychosis or unshared perceptions or whatever you want to call the experience

Imagine reading this text below.

I am in the country

I've had an experience where I would read across the line as you are now
but the focus would be on the "count" bit and in my head that would
translate to the word talking back to me in a sense that said "cunt",
and that meant that I was a cunt.

My eyes would scan across and it was the visual focus 'highlighting'
that initiated the unusual sense or message from that one line in the
example here. Its a normal feeling I think to have a word or a part of a
word or a sound be 'highlighted' or 'raised' or whatever the correct
phrase is for the experience where the mind or a non corporeal entity
adds information or random content to real text, speech and events in
reality.

What is not so common is to take an interpretation beyond the content. A
real example was when I was putting online content about mental health
law on an intranet site. This method of highlighting of certain words
was causing me intense distress and I was trying to battle the messages
it was creating. At the time I was also having a lot of trouble
controlling my fingers and the system was crashing often, much of which
I attributed to the same non-corporeal entity (that may simply be an
illusion created by a chemical imbalance in my brain).

No one should ever have to go through this experience alone. It tore me
asunder. That's why when people talk about split or shattered mind and
schizophrenia I think that it means shattered.

I've been through some pretty bad experiences in my life. They're not as
bad it's been for some. Ego death rates up there as one of the worst
experiences in the journey of life. It is insane for me to think that
people should have the right to go through it and come out the other
side. The transition process is horrific and the social exclusion of the
result and the negative social outcomes can be awful.

Healthcare is needed but not wards, not injections and boring drugs.
Compassion, understanding, space to be mad, the comfort of those who've
been through it and the continued life opportunities to ensure the
greatest chance of existing in an insane world.

I don't know what spiritual crisis is all about. That's beyond my
current level. I know what it's not. It is not an experience to be
pathologised and the individuals who go through are as important as
those who don't, and vice versa. The people who go through it are some
of the best people I know and they go through hell on earth - far worse
than me.

No one should go through it alone, and I'm a hypocrite. But I want to
change society so that no one else has to go through it alone either.
That is more important to than fanny about with the fucking words, or it
should be perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"