Friday 21 May 2010

Education, education, education

As an alternative to clozapine and prophylatic antipsychotic medication
in children self management programmes could have potential but they
aren't enough.

A good education can set a person up for life even if their mad as a
hatter.

It would not be an exaggeration to say that I've had an exceptionally
high standard of education as a child. It has ensured that when I am out
of crisis I can thrive and I think it's what's helped me survive on my
own when I'm in crisis.

Intelligence can be created and people have observed a correlation
between better outcomes and higher intelligence.

If a child who is given a diagnosis of severe mental illness is given an
education like mine then I am confident clozapine can be banned again.
It would be a cheaper way and it would mean they would live longer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"