Monday 31 May 2010

What if you know your kid was going to be mentally ill?

I can not even begin to fathom how difficult a decision this would be in
practice.

I spoke to a couple last night who had paid for the MMR jab to be given
as separate injections. Even though the research was hokey and the
doctor debunked they didn't want to risk their child. They didn't want
their child to have autism.

The science of genetics will advance to the point where the risk of a
behavioural or emotional disorder can be assessed with a high degree of
accuracy. Most parents will get their information from the media and
will trust in the medical idea of mental illness. They dont want an ill
child.

This is a highly effective way to rid the world of mental illness. It
offers the potential to create a human race of mindless automons with
minimal emotional needs and capable of maximum productivity.

I would be dead sooner than live in that sort of world but I'm never
going to be a parent so would never have to face that sort of choice.

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"