Sunday 23 May 2010

A note to a friend

There's a friend who my senses tell me needs some support. I have no
information on this other than the sense that she is going through what
I am going through. It is a sense I very, very, very rarely act upon.

If you need me I wish I could be there for you right now. I know I
probably don't help much but I take you away from your troubles for a
moment, or at least that's my hope. Sometimes that small thing is enough
to lift a person out of the doldrums of distress.

My jug is totally empty. Of course I can keep on giving but when I'm in
this state I'm not sure I'd be able to distract you with my waffle and
childish japery. I'm sorry but there are times when I just need to try
and help myself instead of helping others in order to help myself.

Yes, there's an implicit admission that I may be going through a hard
time however I'm internalising it and working through it on my own as
part of my process. I will come out soon.

I may be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"