Sunday 23 May 2010

What if you thought someone was lying when they were telling the truth?

I deal with paranoia on a daily basis. One of my paranoias is that some
people think I lie about stuff. In a sense I do though usually it's an
error of omission. I rarely tell outright lies. They usually cost me a
lot so I avoid them. My most common form of lie is witholding evidence,
for example I'll often justify the impression that it's not that bad
having a severe mental illness by leaving out some of the details of
just how shit it really is.

One of my recent paranoias has been that people think I'm lying about my
past. I don't know why this is happening. The reason may be a distrust
of my friends and it's all I can do to fight the paranoia. My past is as
unusual as I am, and perhaps that's why the paranoia might be true (and
therefore not paranoia?).

I've got some amazing stories too - too many for a normal person to
have. Some people would see me as some sort of pathological liar though
my old friends who know the truth are probably just bored of the same,
old insane stories. For them there's no incredulity when I tell them I
stumbled across a gay nudist night on a Monday evening in London and
tried to get in. If I tell them I wrote 25,000 words in 5 days they'll
say "I know you idiot, you emailed it to me as you wrote it."

But I don't know what the truth is. It takes faith but sometimes it's
really bloody hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"