Sunday 16 May 2010

benzos were discovered from dye research?

I might not have understood this right...

A Jewish-German chemist called Leo Sternabch was working Roche in
American post-WWII to develop a dye but failed miserably. The story goes
that he was told to discontinue his research. In one last batch of
chemicals he found some crystals growing and sent them to be
tested...and they turned out to be great at calming down animals and so
the benzodiazepines were born.

From P317
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-Oybg_APowMC&pg=PA356&dq=Die+Prognose+der+Dementia+praecox+(Schizophreniegruppe)&cd=1#v=onepage&q=Die%20Prognose%20der%20Dementia%20praecox%20(Schizophreniegruppe)&f=false
<http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-Oybg_APowMC&pg=PA356&dq=Die+Prognose+der+Dementia+praecox+%28Schizophreniegruppe%29&cd=1#v=onepage&q=Die%20Prognose%20der%20Dementia%20praecox%20%28Schizophreniegruppe%29&f=false>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"