Sunday 21 November 2010

Armageddon approaching?

I'm all in favour of peaceful protest but this may be the most dangerous
one.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/20/eric-cantona-bank-protest-campaign

And here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uop5R7E314&feature=related

Cantona is asking people to withdraw all their money from the banks. I'm
sure he's smart enough to know that this is what caused the Great
Depression. There isn't enough paper money for all the money we have.
The people who do this early on will reduce stocks of money. Tomorrow
may see the nightmare that the politicians don't want on the front page
- people queuing to get money. Even worse, people being refused money
because the banks have run out. The scenario is people other than
protestors might consider it a good idea to keep their money safe.
Anyone who knows a little about 20th century history knows that this
could cause a spiralling effect and more and more people will start
withdrawing their money not for protest but to keep it safe.

If any of the banks run short of paper money that's why the problems can
start. I imagine across the nation banks are getting more stocks of
paper money ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"