Sunday 28 November 2010

GPS on iPad

I really do hope Apple sort out an assisted-GPS system for the iPad. I'm
sure they will. It's obviously really. Ipads will be used inside homes
and perhaps offices. They may not always get a good or accurate GPS fix.
They'll need accelorometers to work out where they are within a building
and get an accurate fix on position within a room to use the potential
of location information to best effect.

They'll also need to know the layout of a house, i.e. which room is the
kitchen and which is the living room. I'm sure the people at Apple are
working on how to make this a simple process. I can image it will take
some sort of setup procuedre where the user takes the device into each
room, stands in the middle and turns 360 degrees around so the camera
can recognise the room. The user will also have to manually input what
sort of room it is but once this is done the device should be ready for
Articulated Naturality home applications.

I just can't believe that there's no hype about assisted-GPS. This
technology is perhaps as vital as fast processors or 3D mobile APIs for
enabling the Articulated Naturality Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"