Thursday 25 November 2010

Can bad people do good things

Someone put this question to me but out of kindness I didn't explain how
obvious the answer was.

I can imagine that certain charities who promote gender prejudice do it
for a good reason and they only employ good people. Those who aren't
good people are bad people.

And bad people must only do bad things. After all. We've all seen
cartoons where the bad character only does bad things.

The reality is so fucking different it's untrue. People want easy
labels. People want to feel like they, in their judgement, do good
things by what they and their organisatioon does. And in another way bad
people may percieve or justify what they do as good when they are really
doing bad. Hitler did worse than promote a gender prejudice but he did
for a good reason.

So can bad people do good things? I fucking hope so otherwise I'm lost.
I'm a bad person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"