Monday 29 November 2010

Neuroskeptic: The Hollow Mask Illusion: Beyond Charlie Chaplin

<http://neuroskeptic.blogspot.com/2009/04/hollow-mask-illusion-beyond-charlie.html>

Some good coverage of a research paper that shows the schizophrenic
brains aren't fooled by the hollow mask illusion. This famous trick uses
a concave mask but the eyes interpret as a convex shape if the person
has a non-schizophrenic brain. Schizophrenic brains aren't fooled. They
see things as they are.

There's a conclusion to be made here perhaps but I'll let the reader
make their own conclusion after reading the article.

What fascinated me was that I was gutted that I had a 'normal' brain and
was fooled by the illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"