Thursday 25 November 2010

Handsfree Articulated Naturality computer desktops

This is still a way off yet but devices like the MIT Six Sense project
combined with AN headsets will pave the way for a new desktop interface.

A video of the MIT Six Sense project gives an idea of the future. This
is a proof-of-concept project.
http://www.ted.com/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html

The Minority Report-style computer systems where people can touch
information windows and move them around as necessary in the 3D
environment are the future and beyond novelty they allow users to
interact with information quicker than ever before. City traders are
already using multi-screen 2D desktops because their information needs
are considerable. They'll be the first to pay for anything that will
give them an advantage and I think they'll be excited by the prospect of
rapidly being able to work with large amounts of data displayed in the
3D space. Anything for the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"