Friday 26 November 2010

The mentally ill will be overrepresented in those who lose their jobs in the next 4 years

Already the mentally ill are disadvantaged in employment because of the
valuation of automotons (robot-like human beings). Companies will seek
to keep employees that are like robots, emotionless lumps of flesh that
might as well be metal. They will be actively discriminated. People with
other disabilities may also be discriminated against.

I'm pretty sure the charity sector will also discriminate in the say
way. Even the mental health charities. Many organisations don't actively
attempt to check that they're not discriminating but they do. Certainly
at one organisation I worked at an administration review indirectly
discriminated against people with families (usually women), carers, the
elderly and the disabled by ring-fencing posts as full-time that were
covered by part-time employees. It may have been a deliberate attempt to
get rid of certain members of staff dressed as a necessity for full-time
positions. Once made aware that they were indirectly discriminating
there was a u-turn however this organisation and many others chose to
continue to discriminate by offering full time posts only when these
could be done as job shares.

In light of this example of the lack of idealism and adherence to the
principles of discrimination and disability from organisations that
campaign for the disabled I'm fairly certain that I'd be right in the
title of this post. I wonder if anyone will even bother to think about
stuff like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"