Sunday 28 November 2010

Increasing corporate tax worldwide

The IMF has imposed many conditions on Ireland as part of the bailout.
One is an increase of corporate tax.

http://www.newstatesman.com/economy/2010/11/ireland-irish-spain-european


Everyone apart from the politicians and the senior echelons of the
corporations are in favour of this. It's the big corporations, namely
the banks in this case, that are being blamed for the current global
financial crisis.

Countries are reluctant to increase corporate tax because they fear
corporations won't invest in their economies. But what if it happened
across the world? This is the sort of thing that could pay for more jobs
to be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"