Tuesday 30 November 2010

AN hairdressing application

This is a relatively simple application I'm sure someone will have
thought of all ready.

It simplifies the process of getting a haircut right. A few women I've
spoken to have had bad experiences where they've told the hairdresser
what they want and they've gotten something else.

With a 3D image of the person - something that can be made using a few
shots from a webcam or something like that - the software would allow a
person to define their style precisely.

It doesn't need to detect their current style, just offer 3D overlay of
the latest and classic haircuts from a pre-established database. This
needs to be accurately overlaid over the 3D image of their head and
torso. Then the customer, perhaps on their own or with the assistance of
the stylist, can make personal adjustments to suit them.

This can be done at home or in a hair salon. The technology required is
relatively simple so this is a realistic application.

What it offers for women and modern men is the chance to see their
haircut before they get it. They can also make sure the hairdresser
understands exactly what they want.

No more nightmare haircuts, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"