Friday 19 November 2010

Concerns about AN and AR

This new technology is very exciting but it's not being implemented
right. The public want something simple. They want the technology but
they don't want all the faff that early adopters are happy to put up
with to have the latest, best thing.

I remember owning the Nokia Communicator. It was a brick when phones had
gotten to a much better size. The battery life was appalling compared to
other phones. I didn't care though. I had the latest thing. It was
better than a laptop for my wants. I wanted something I could use to
type. I still love the hardware keyboard. Everyone else thought I was an
idiot but back then I was just an early adopter willing to put up with
many foibles so I could have a taste of the future.

I don't even own a mobile phone at the moment. I've changed so much it
that time. But I see everyone else is proud of their smartphones. These
devices work much better. They have far fewer trade-offs. They offer
most of what the consumer wants and most of all they want conveneice and
usability from their products (in my opinion). They don't want to have
to make large life changes, not unless everyone is doing it. They don't
want hassle.

At the cutting edge of the IT industry people are willing to put up with
these foibles, just as with the cutting edge fashion. Here people may
value one signle quality above all else rather than the product which is
average on a number of qualities but doesn't excel in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"