Tuesday 1 June 2010

Am I my conscious, subconscious or unconscious mind?

This isn't a question of any relevance to anyone who's still in the
single "I" represented by the stream of consciousness state of awareness.

Psychological theories like the parent-adult-child model or the whole
Freud thing use pedagogies, perhaps, to teach that there are many parts
to the individual and their mind. De La Soul have also attempted to
explain this with the lyrics, "it's just me, myself and I."

For a person who has the separated self state of awareness an observer
could consider the other consciousness to be the sub or unconscious
mind. My assumption is the "I" I consider myself would be represented by
the term "conscious mind."

What if that wasn't true? What if the expectations of the conscious mind
were not applicable to the "I" that was my sense of self or me. What I
mean is what if got it wrong about who "I" was in the "me, myself and I"
model of the mind and the stream of consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"