Tuesday 15 March 2011

Do sportsmen hear the voices?

I would guess that the majority of psychiatric researchers enjoyed playing sports. Just as many of those who excelled in sports had little interest in science or the humanities those who concentrated on those areas didn't partake in much competitive physical gaming.

I enjoyed playing rugby as a child. I'll be honest and say it's a man's game. It's violent. Bravery is involved. There's camarderie. I'm being a total andropist when I say that. Of course women's games may be similar.

Regardless of gender I wonder how many sportspeople have stood at a crux moment with the crowd silent in anticipation or just the pressures of their peers and been focused internally. They're focused on the voice inside and their internal experience as they wait for the moment of action.

Some might call this a voice in their head. I wonder if schizotypy is common amongst sportspeople?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"