Thursday 3 March 2011

Those who want to kill themselves are finding life tough, not least in assistance with making their wishes possible.

Though suicide is not a crime assisted suicide is. Except in a few countries.

I would guess a lot of people want suicide to be illegal. They would disregard the practical aspect as quickly as they would dismiss the individual.

As some one who has the rare privilege to read psychiatric literature and go through hell I know many would disregard the human element.

This is, basically, someone wants to die. Any assumption by anyone who doesn't know what that is like is as about as useful as used toilet paper.

I own little to nothing but my existence. When I chose to finish it it is a rational decision. You might not understand but then you might not understand particle physics. If I were a psychiatrist then I could judge your reasoning irrelevant because...well...any bullshit reason.

I'm not. And so I live mental illness, as it is called. I live life and my life.

I have a right to choice and a right to die. This may be confused by construct values of capacity which seems to be the new way to remove choice from or 'protect' the group disparaged as mentally ill.

Illness, the paradigm, allows removal of many basic rights. But illness is not what mental illness is - is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"