Saturday 26 March 2011

There's no such things as women's equality. There's just equality

This is what I uttered to some lass at a conference a few weeks ago.

She admitted to me she was a feminist. It's strange to me. It's like
admitting you're a racist but people are ok about it.

I take a very dangerous position when it comes to gender politics. I
think people are equal. Feminists and the women's 'equality' movement
work against that. It's not just a thing of semantics or language though
there's an element. What I mean is that people should be equalitist -
there's porbably a better word - rather than promoting women.

I am a full support of women's liberation and am aware of the
misdemeanour's of the male power holders. I am strongly against the
suppression of men by women and male ideas.

Many feminists and people who promote women's equality are actually
little different from racists when they subjugate male ideas and ways of
being. In conversation with people who call themselves feminist they're
clearly misandropists - people against the male way of being. They're
people who have negative views of men and who say things like, "oh it's
just because he's a man..." or "typical man" or similar utterances which
were the subject a woman the speaker would be accused of being a misogynist.

There There is just equality for all. I have met a handful of good
feminists who are equalitists rather people who take the best of
traditional values and modern values. They're women who open the door
for me. They're women wh are interested in equality.

is no male equality just as there is no women's equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"