Monday 21 March 2011

Thoughts on utopia

This is obviously quite abstract thinking but it informs the direction of travel. In a way this is how dieologies and abstracts have power over time. Pure thought is always relevant.

Some might see the future as some technological heaven. I think they forget we're already there. Ain't that great is it.

I am sitting in a park writing this. Ducks circle me. I sit at the base of an oak which has been here far longer than I have had breathe. This is all possible with a mobile phone. To me, a person who thinks and writes and publishes, this is a future I couldn't have believed possible within a decade.

I have a desire for an independent lifestyle and my liberalism may be a factor. I believe utopia is societies and cultures which are for all. I believe it is not when humankind first reaches the moon which is our progress. It's when poor or disadvantaged, by whatever definition exists then, are living there too.

I believe utopia is not some paradise of an easy life. Hard though it is for me, suffering and struggle probably have an essential part in the progress of the human race. For many reasons.

if anyone else is this insane we need to work in harmony and without, in discourse and internal struggle. But there is no right nor no wrong. Just the ideals of utopia marred by our present conditioning. The exploration is all. No valuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"