Saturday 19 March 2011

Psychiatry is the best exploration of the human condition ever

And it's pants. Much of this blog is all about it.

But I say this unequivocally: no religion has done any better.

Psychiatry even had the audacity to bring science into the equation, though applied poorly and with little philosophical insight. Yes. Psychiatry is suffering from a lack of insight. It's often seen in ill systems. It doesn't know it's ill. Must be a neurobiological problem or a lack of appropriate sense of humour (sorry...psychiatric in joke).

For all its failings nothing better has gone along and whatever system replaces it, as it replaced religion, will be the pheonix of the ashes of better stock.

I hope the fires burn brighter because the hegemony of psychiatry has used science, an ideal I prize, the subjugate and normalise the beautiful diversity of the human race.

I have a dream. The dream is the system after modern psychiatry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"