Monday 21 March 2011

I'm doing alright. Why am I fighting?

I have more choices in life than most. I don't get what I really want though. I've eschewed careers in finance and computing because I have a passion for something more.

I've lived a life of different privileges. I have learned a lot. I may be a cold, lonely drunk because of it but the learning experience was worth more than anyone can afford, or handle.

I'm still fighting. To my last dying breath. I used to be a rebel without a clue. I guess progress for me is not about wealth or status per se. It is about effect. I really hope I've earned the status of rebel without a cause. Not that I don't have a cause. It's just James Dean said it better.

"What are you rebelling against?"

To which I'll offer the summary which was his retort:

"What da you got?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"