Friday 22 October 2010

CSR idea: avoid buying consumer electronics and cars

Once again this is based on the principle of keeping money in the UK.

The UK has virtually no consumer electronics manufacturing capacity
compared to the rest of the developed nations. It has virtually no
automotive industry either.

If people could be asked to avoid buying luxuries like new cars and
mobile phones and computers and whatever else then more money is kept in
the economy. There are lots of opportunities to recycle and buy second
hand. This keeps the spending in the UK. Minimising the acquisition of
anything non-essential purchased from outside the UK keeps more money in
the economy. This will be the only way to drive forward UK productivity
if the government won't do a large spending program and the private
sector won't adhere to their rhetoric of corporate citizenship and
create more jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"