Wednesday 27 October 2010

The risk of death seems to have gone up according to the Royal College of Psychiatry

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/205802.php

The is a press release about a new RCPsych report.

No health without public mental health: the case for action
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/policy/policyandparliamentary/parliamentandpublicaffairs/neilspages/publicmentalhealth.aspx

Here's something interesting. I thought it was 10 years less for
schizophrenia.
"
- People with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder die an average 20 years
earlier than the general population, largely owing to physical health
problems.
"

If they'd fucking give them the same quality physical healthcare it
might help a bit with that. But...of course...it's smoking and lifestyle
factors...I should bother to read this report...I need a drink...

It's all good. I knew about the increasing gap in the mortality rates.
It's going to get worse after the cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"