Monday 25 October 2010

Nietsche on god or not god

This is really heavy. Really in tune with my own thinking about god

"What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your
loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and
have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times
more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and
curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a
tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and
never have I heard anything more divine."
— Friedrich Nietzsche (The Gay Science with a Prelude in Rhymes and an
Appendix of Songs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"