Sunday 24 October 2010

A paper briefing two case studies in Canada showing possible adverse effects of St John's Wort

These are only two case studies and the authors note there's no
established causality.
http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/163/3/262-c

There's another paper I have to read which is a review of literature.
Someone brought to my attention that St John's Wort may cause mania and
psychosis. "May" may mean there's a 0.01% risk or a 99.99% risk
depending on the author's level for which it's worth mentioning a risk.
On the about.com page it's noted that SJW "may" cause psychosis and
mania. Two case studies wouldn't be enough for me to mention those risks
if I were writing healthcare information. Let's see what the other
papers say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"