Sunday 31 October 2010

Link to recent report showing planned move of commissioning to GPs isn't based on international evidence

http://www.library.nhs.uk/COMMISSIONING/ViewResource.aspx?resID=392363&tabID=290

"
The report shows that there is little, if any, evidence that smaller
organisations are better at commissioning than larger ones. It also
argues that the transition will be costly, almost certainly resulting in
a dip in performance in the short to medium term.
"

The report is by the think tank Civitas.
http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/nhscommissionoct2010.pdf

There's an executive summary on page 3. It's also covered in the BMA and
the amusing title with the inneuendo in should hopefully mean more
doctors read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"