Monday 8 August 2011

Are they fucking with me?

Am I paranoid?

Or have I fucked up somehow?

I am concerned my position on the repeal of the medico-legal framework
may have made me unpopular with many people. Something has triggered
this negative feeling tonight.

I should be happy that there's even an attempt by the movement to repeal
the coercive medico-legal framework. Instead I offered resistance and
criticism.

The coercive medico-legal framework is neither just nor moral. It has
been abused by psychiatry. It represents one of the great modern
injustices. My heart wants it torn asunder and reparations paid.

but it would be a wasted effort because psychiatrists are still in power
and the politicians still have to deal with the public stigma and lack
of education about what psychiatry really is. There is no way any
country would allow the medico-legal frameworks to be abolished. If
anything they would probably introduce laws which were more coercive
because...because they're all fucking cunts and rights don't matter.

For all my love of psychiatric rights there is still the problem of
suicide, homicide and violence. Without it these problems become crimes
alone and dealt with by the criminal justice system. Were the latter
compassionate then perhaps the medico-legal framework could be
integrated in but perhaps not.

My position is that no one need die unless they want to. A person in a
psychotic state can be at high risk of harm to themselves...harm they
would regret at a later time.

My position is that there needs to be alternatives like a survivor-legal
framework. This is based on the idea of lived experience psychiatrists.
The initial training would not be biomedical training. It would be
training from the university of life and the school of hard knocks. They
would have to have gone through the hell to be able to understand it. No
book can teach what lived experience offers. Then, perhaps, there would
be no survivor movement in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"