Sunday 7 August 2011

Could computer games be a treatment for schizophrenia?

Neuroplasticity is a concept I know little about but I can guess. The
brain can be trained.

This could be a far better option for the treatment of schizophrenia
than neuroleptics. With time a person could be rehavilitated just like a
stroke victim can be rehabilitated instead of being left to die. Arts
therapies may make a person more schizophrenic so "automoton therapy"
might be a way to help turn a human being into something like a robot or
a slave which seems to be the desire of conventional treatment for
schizophrenia.

The problem is brain training is probably boring. Most people don't want
to play Sudoku or do maths or logic problems. A lot of people like
playing computer games though. Perhaps there's a solution there. A
computer game designed to improve cognitive function and IQ in an
entertaining way could be an alternative to the current shitty options
for treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"