Thursday 11 August 2011

A piece of legislation which might be enough to persuade the legal and lay members of a psychiatric detention appeals panel that a person should be released

I don't really understand the law and how the medico-legal framework is
allowed to get away with what it does to people. Loss of liberty is
obviously going to be bad for a person's mental health. After all,
punishment and torture causes distress.

I found a law which might be useful to challenge a person's
incarceration without serious crime. I don't know much about the law
though. I just know a lot about suffering.

Halsbury's Statutes of England, 3rd Edition Book 6Page 440

14 EDW 3 Stat I (Confirmation of Liberties) (1340)

28 EDW 3 (1354)

"Item, that no man of what estate or condition that he be, shall be put
out of land or tenenent, nor taken nor imprisoned, nor disinherited, nor
put to death, without being brought in answer by due process of law."

Due process of law. That's the bit I don't know anything about in
relation to the medico-legal framework. It sits outside the law of the
law. This is how it was used to incacerate black activists in America or
anyone deemed different thinking...or just different from a robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"