Wednesday 31 August 2011

This is a good quote

"Psychiatry is the legal perpetration of abuse that is founded on the need
for power and control over others."
Susan Kingsley-Smith


And this was my retort
And replaces religion's role in society after it lost power during the
Industrial Age. The truth about behaviour and emotion which god provided
was replaced by the new truth of the (pseudo)science of psychiatry.

e.g., "why am I unhappy?" if asked to a priest would be answered by the
dogma of whatever religion or belief the priest had. If asked to someone
working in mental health the answer would be whatever dogma they
followed, be it the biomedical or psychosocial or spiritual or other
dogma. The truth of the answer would use the truth of god or the truth
of science even though, as yet, know of us have the true wisdom to give
any true answer about the human condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"