Sunday 28 August 2011

Paper by Marius Romme on coping with voices

Romme, m. et al. 1992, Coping with hearing voices: an emancipatory
approach, British Journal of Psychiatry
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/161/1/99.abstract?sid=88ceb9a9-fa80-4357-9635-43aafb9fb4ea


This was the great leap forward which didn't become a great leap in
treatment. The experiences of coping voice hearers were used to infrm
new ways to help those who couldn't cope. The approach was about
empowerment rather than continuing the fostering of the power of
psychiatry over schizophrenics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"