Tuesday 23 August 2011

Something which was hopefully stopped in the UK

http://www.theage.com.au/national/drug-trial-scrapped-amid-outcry-20110820-1j3vy.html
This is a news report of a trial which was stopped. The trial was for
early intervention for psychosis using antipsychotics.

In the New Horizons mental healthcare consultation they proposed
starting this sort of new treatment. The idea was to stop schizophrenics
being created by starting people deemed at risk on medication. This
would have meant many people who would not develop schizophrenia would
be drugged with these harmful chemicals.

If I remember right I pointed out that this was fucking stupid. I'm not
a qualified researcher nor have I any mental health or medical training.
I could work out this was a fucking stupid idea.

I hope it was scrapped from the final strategy. I never bothered to read
the final strategy. Thankfully some Australian mental health
professionals got in there and stopped the research getting done.

I hope there's people in UK mental healthcare who are just as ready to
protect people from this sort of shit from psychiatry. The drugging of
people at risk of schizophrenia is one of those terrible ideas, one
which could lead to people dying earlier for no reason and one which
could mean children are drugged with these nasty chemicals which cause
illness and unhappiness.

The fear of schozophrenia is what drives these idiot psychiatrists to
come up with more ways to drug people. Thay's because they're diots
who've not worked out how to help people with schizophrenia live better
lives. They think drugs are the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"