Monday 15 August 2011

Would a paranoid schizophrenic measure or feel paranoid when dealing with an autistic psychiatrist

From what little I know of autism I hear that those people don't lie or
play tricks. From what I know of them they're honest in ways automotons
could only dream of being.

I wonder if an interview with an autistic psychiatrist would make a
schizophrenic's paranoia less? There are many reasons why I think this
might be possible. The first is obvious. There are lots of little tells
people give and while the conscious mind might not pick this up other
bits of the mind can. What if a totally honest person (therefore not a
practising psychiatrist LOL) wouldn't give off those tells and therefore
wouldn't make someone paranoid who gets paranoid when dealing with an
automoton psychiatrist?

The more hokey reasoning is perhaps schizophrenia is related to other
aspects of human potential yet to be discovered? Perhaps they can tap
into the collective consciousness or perhaps they really do experience a
form of telepathy but it's chaotic? I'd give the analogy of what homo
erectus must have looked like to monkeys (don't called them monkeys
though or they'd get annoyed. Call them apes.) The first apes not to
walk on all fours would fall over and stumble. Their desire to walk up
right may seem mad. Ape psychiatrists would want to shackle them down
because they didn't understand evolution.

Nah. That's just crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"