Sunday 14 August 2011

I wonder if cannabis's relationship to schizophrenia is related to the Jungian idea of an inner mental state?

Some people smoke cannabis socially. They enjoy with friends. These are
the people who usually aren't addicted to it.

Then there are those who smoke alone. I know this very well. delta-9-THC
makes it so great to be alone. Better with friends of course but it so
helps make being alone so much more entertaining. It is a philosophers'
and creatives' drug but in the wrong hands it can lead to too much
withdrawl and perhaps too much experience of one's own consciousness (if
schizophrenia is truly pathological).

Someone stoned on their own can get lost in their own thoughts and forgt
about the rest of the world or the environment them or their personal
hygiene if left stoned for ages because external reality ceases to be
important. The internal state can be so much more pleasant.

Perhaps this is how lonely schizophrenics continue to live. Because it's
like being stoned. Perhaps the reason some people don't want
antipsychotic treatment is the same reason people get addicited to cannabis?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"