Friday 12 August 2011

It's hard feeling lonely.

I wonder if there are any studies on primates who are forced into
loneliness. I wonder if that's why some people want to stay in
psychiatric wards...because in the outside world they end up lonely.

I would guess that there are studies associating mental illness and
loneliness. I wonder which is cause and which is effect.

It's always important to consider the concept of solitude as well as
loneliness. One is a choice.

The other can be used as a punishment. If I remember right they use
solitary confinement as a punishment in some prisons.

For some people what is a punishment is what they end up living with as
their life. Such is the burden of the malformation in society which
affects their lives such that it feels like punishment.

Or perhaps the lives of those that are isolated is punishment from god?
This, after all, is what the Hindu tradition might say. A person who was
bad in a previous life could be reborn into a life of loneliness which
they didn't want.

It's stuff like that which reminds me that god's a fucking cunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"