Monday 15 August 2011

A simple answer to the limitation of suffering question

I would guess for a lot of people their limitation on the suffering of
another would be how much suffering they would have have happen to them?
Perhaps I'm wrong and people perceive some people must suffer more than
they would.

Or perhaps I'm wrong in a different sense? Perhaps the answer to the
question of how much suffering would allow to happen to any other
individual is the same as how much suffering you would allow to happen
to the one you loved?

There must be some altruistic people left who would answer the question
with this thought. There simply must. The limitation of suffering for
any other individual would be the limitation of suffering you would
allow to happen to the one you loved?

If anyone actually reads my notepad they may have seen me write about
love and suffering in the contact of being willing to take on another's
pain. This is perhaps a philosophical or religious way of looking at
love and stuff. It's the sort of answer which means if the person you
loved had no legs and wanted legs you would give your own. It is a mad
sense of love.

But as an answer to the idealistic question of the limitation of
suffering...I like it. I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"