Wednesday 16 June 2010

The Cumbrian who needed help

I've just heard about the tragedy in Cumbria.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7799167/Cumbria-gunman-profile-of-Derrick-Bird.html

A man who went on a killing spree is being described as a mass murderer.
He had no pre-existing diagnosis and probably won't have got one unless
the mental health practitioner was very ,very, very good.

It seems no one has compassion for him, at least reading the news
reports from shortly after the incident.

What ever happened to him that night, whatever he'd been going through
must have been an internal hell. Some people externalise that hell.
Others kill themselves.

Like suicide there are always victims of murder. My heart bleeds for
them too.

I don't know enough about the story yet but I'm sure many people would
consider that he'd be alright if he had gotten it off his chest somehow,
whatever it was that was troubling him so.

I know that feeling of snapping. I've been there. It's lucky that the
worst thing I do is try to kill myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"