Friday 11 June 2010

An example of worthless research

Patients with schizophrenia found that clozapine improved their
wellbeing without resulting in extrapyramidal motor side effects
(2001) Psychol Med 31, 509. Angermeyer MC, Löffler W, Müller P. , et al.

It's worth checking the PDF
(http://ebmh.bmj.com/content/4/4/125.full.pdf) instead of the webpage
(http://ebmh.bmj.com/content/4/4/125.full).

Lets pretend we're Colombo or some other famous TV detective.

This Sandoz-funded qualitative paper clearly puts across only a positive
picture. This is the kind of stuff that isn't even worth printing in
peer reviewed journals and gives qualitative research a bad name.

These are the organisations listed at the top of the PDF.
BMJ Publishing Group Ltd, Royal College of Psychiatrists and British
Psychological Society

This isn't the sort of paper that should be published in a peer-reviewed
journal called Evidence-based mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"