Saturday 12 June 2010

Positives of life crisis

I've been through more than my fair share of life crises. Time and again
I've thought I'd lost everything and it's brought me to kill myself
rather than live through the misery.

There is something amazing about loosing (or thinking that you'd lost)
everything that you loved and cared about, everything that you value and
everything that you build yourself upon. I managed to survive and it's
left me with a certain....reckless or insightful view.

There is more to life than those things that make us who we are and the
things we own and the relationships we have. For most people that's a
totally insane thing to say. For someone who's had many an occassion to
recognise the truth that all those things are real and important, but
life still goes on.

I can loose everything again. I don't have that fear anymore. It will be
hard to lose what little I have, but life goes on.

If I decide that this is the last time I go through the cycle of up and
down then all the better for it. That's the truth...but I'm far from
that point.

In the end I have learned a life lesson that is worth all the pain and
suffering and tears: all I own is what I am born with; my home is under
my feet, my bed is where I lay my head; you can take everything from me
but you'll take nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"