Wednesday 16 June 2010

What would you do if you died yesterday?

I remember something I wrote a while back during a suicidal period.

There's a positive motivational phrase "live every day like it's your last" but perhaps it could be written "live every day as if you died yesterday."

It puts more onus on the value of the days you have left.

Many people forget what life is and what it means, or what it can mean.

I think this thought also helps with suicidal feelings. If the answer is "I wouldn't care" or "nothing" then I'm terribly sorry. I don't know what life has done to make you unable to answer that question. It's never too late to seek the answer for yourself and there's probably no better question to have an answer for. It's one that's worth searching for if you haven't got it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"