Wednesday 23 June 2010

Shopping as an alternative to the gym

This may seem like a silly idea to someone with a car or living on a
decent income or who has to shop for a family. The reason I think of it
is because it's something that I do.

My local supermarket is about half an hour walk away so I walk up there
instead of taking the bus. I only use a basket so I take as much as I
can carry then I load up and when I'm not feeling lazy I walk half an
hour home with the bags.

It's exercise while not being exercise and I find it goes a lot easier
if I've got some music to listen to on the way. The walk back is hard.
Carrying a few kilos on each hand for half an hour is streneous
exercise. The walk up to the shops is like a warm up. It's important to
cool down properly once home and the eat or drink something with a lot
of protein. On a hot day milk can replenish lost water and provides
protein to rebuild those muscle fibres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"