Monday 21 June 2010

Imagine if there was a punishment for emotions

A person with bipolar disorder could be consider to be unable to control
their emotional swings. They could be considered to have two large an
emotional range, or that that they are unable to handle that emotional
range. If a parallel universe they could be punished by having their
emotions or their full range of emotions taken away. Imagine if there
was a way to take that away.

It would be a terrible thing to strip a person of their emotions. For
some people it would be the sort of punishment that would be worse than
death. Imagine a passionate person with their passion removed or a
spontaneous fun lover reduced to a robotic peon. Imagine this parallel
world where this was possible and the fear that the people would live under.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"