Friday 18 June 2010

Just a small bit about my life

A couple of weeks ago I had one of my bad nights.

There are bits from that evening I don't want to remember or recount.

At some point that night I lost my mind. My memory is blurred. I
remember taking a bunch of flowers from the site where someone had been
killed there a week or two before. I am ashamed and I don't know why I
did it. I don't know what possessed me. I've never done that before. I
was incredibly drunk and in a bad state too. It's not excuse from taking
flowers from a dead person. Hate me if you want.

Somehow I managed to get a night bus but got the wrong one going the
wrong way.

I remember falling asleep at some on the road outside someone's house
near a car park near a Sainsburys somewhere south of the Thames. After a
long series of events I ended up walking home. I walked past Westminster
and Trafalgar Square, through Holborn and through the back streets of
Angel and Islington till I got to Finsbury Park where this misadventure
had started. I walked around the area for a bit before I decided to skip
on a train home.

I'd spilled stout on a white top the night before. It look a bit like
dried blood. In all that journey through London with what looked like
dried blood on my top - visible to anyone who walked past me - only 1
person asked me if I was ok. I was very lucky as well that someone
dropped a bottle of water near one of the offices of St Mungo's. I
needed the water and I needed the reminder of the suffering of the
homeless drunks and vagrants.

I don't know why I took that dead person's flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"