Monday 14 June 2010

2 deaths in 4.5 years from clozapine-induced agranulocytosis

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/313/7067/1262/a

"
Over the past five years this rigorous monitoring has successfully minimised mortality due to agranulocytosis. Analysis of 6316 patients taking clozapine showed a cumulative incidence of agranulocytosis of 0.8% over four and a half years, with just two deaths.
"

2 deaths in 4.5 years directly from agranulocytosis even with the compulsory hematological monitoring. This doesn't take into account reduced life expectancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"