Saturday 19 June 2010

"Population-based studies have attempted to estimate the prevalence of hallucinatory experiences in adults and have found the lifetime prevalence to be 8-15%"

From the introduction of
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content/full/180/2/174
Occurrence of hallucinatory experiences in a community sample and ethnic
variations
The British Journal of Psychiatry (2002) 180: 174-178
Johns, L. et al.

It references these two papers
Sidgewick, H., Johnson, A., Myers, F.W.H., et al (1894) Report of the
census of hallucinations. Proceedings of the Society for Psychical
Research, 26, 259-394.

Tien, A. Y. (1991) Distributions of hallucinations in the population.
Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 26, 287-292.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"