Friday 18 June 2010

How desperate are people to assign a label?

I'm not sure if this is about sexuality or mental health.

In mental health professionals and the public would give different
diagnoses. In sexuality I would have the same problem.

If the question if of love then, in the main, I love women. In the not
so main I can love men too. My definition of "love" is complex as complex as anyone's.

Sex? I'm autosexual with 100% heterosexual (biologically) material.

The "(biological)" is about an alternative view of gender, a psychological one.

At some point I may get over my prejudices and kiss or have sex with a guy. At the moment I have enough problems to get over with heterosexual sex.

A lot of people assume I'm gay because of how I am. I'm comfortable around gay men and women. I've got no problem with flirting with members of either sex. I'm not too worried about people thinking I'm a bit girly.

So it's understable why someone might be confused.

There's a concept in medicine called hermenuetics. It's one I'm coming across. It's about how people make a correct diagnosis.

If it's got four legs, hooves and a tail is it a horse? 66% of four legged animals with hooves and tails are horses in my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

We It comes in part from an appreciation that no one can truly sign their own work. Everything is many influences coming together to the one moment where a work exists. The other is a begrudging acceptance that my work was never my own. There is another consciousness or non-corporeal entity that helps and harms me in everything I do. I am not I because of this force or entity. I am "we"